Here are the questions from the Modeling a Membrane Activity today:
- Use Page 204 to draw the cell membrane
- Use Page 204 to model the cell membrane
- What is the function of the cell membrane
- Why might the cell membrane be called a mosaic model?
- What is the function of the proteins in the cell membrane?
- What is the function of the carbohydrate chains in the cell membrane?
- What does it mean to say the membrane is selectively permeable?
- Why is it important that cell membranes are selectively permeable?
- What do the terms Hydrophobic and Hydrophilic mean?
You can look these up on your own, or use the book information below.