Your task is to complete a little light research about the following topics:
- What are Natural Selection and Artificial Selection?
- What are Transgenic Organisms (also known as Genetically Modified Organisms - GMO's)
- Give three specific examples of each.
- In what ways are they similar? In what ways are they different?
Then research a little bit about wild (Canidae Family)and domesticated dogs (Canis familiaris)
- When did the first appearance of each type of organism occur?
- How many different types of organisms exist (species or breeds)?
- What is the range of heights of wild and domesticated dogs?
- What is the range of weights of wild and domesticated dogs?
- What type of selection is driving the evolution of each?
- What is the goal of each type of selection?
There is a lot of great stuff on the LEARN GENETICS WEBSITE
that can help you get started. There is a lot of great stuff on YouTube from sources like Ted Talks, ASAP Science, and Stated Clearly that can help you as well.