posted Oct 14, 2014, 4:42 PM by Jerrid Johansen
updated Oct 15, 2014, 7:35 AM
What is Mutation? - Read about mutations and answer the following questions.
- What is mutation?
- What is the most common error/mutation in DNA?
- Describe other errors/mutations that might occur in DNA?
- When will an error/mutation be passed on to an organism's offspring?
- Why do most mutations have no effect?
- How can a mutation be an advantage, or be useful to an organism?
- What are some examples of variations that are neither good nor bad in humans?
- What are the environmental agents that can cause mutations?
- What might happen if the cell's DNA repair machines cannot fix DNA mutation/damage?
- How is it that there can be so many different proteins, when there are only 20 different amino acids?
- What is responsible for "Unzipping" the DNA molecule?
- Use the RNA bases on the left and pair them up with the DNA. What RNA base pairs with A? What DNA base does RNA not have?
- What is the RNA called that takes the message from DNA?
- What do we call the code of 3 letters on mRNA?
- What type of RNA brings the amino acid to the ribosome?
- When does protein synthesis end?